Call-in Mon, Feb 8, 2pm to demand San Francisco clean up Treasure Island toxic & radioactive waste
(See Call-In Directions below.)
Nearly 2,000 residents are unacceptably being exposed to toxic and
radioactive waste from the former Navy base on Treasure Island. They need
our help to demand a full cleanup.
After over a decade of struggle, Treasure Island residents, cleanup
whistleblowers, and environmental justice organizations, will at last be
heard at an online hearing of the San Francisco Land Use Committee, to
reveal decades of Navy and government coverups of the toxic and
You can help Treasure Island residents by calling in to the hearing to
make a public comment demanding a full investigation and cleanup of the
Call in to the online hearing Monday, February 8, at 2pm, so that you
can get in line to support Treasure Island residents in this fight. (The
hearing begins at 1:30pm.)
HOW TO ATTEND & SPEAK
See the hearing agenda at:
Watch the hearing live (begins at 1:30pm) at:
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN LINE
ENTER: Meeting ID 187 361 8447
TO SPEAK: Dial *3 when public comment is announced.
(NOTE: The online video is slightly delayed, so after you call in and
can hear the proceedings over the phone, turn off the livestream's
WHAT TO SAY
When it is your turn to speak demand:
- An independent investigation and retesting of all cleanup work on Treasure Island
- Deep soil & water tests of all lands (not just surface scans)
- Testing for all contaminants (not just radiation)
- A review of the work of all contractors (not just Tetra Tech)
- Protection for tenants from retaliation for speaking out about contamination and health problems
- A full and proper cleanup of Treasure Island to Residential
Standards that will allow people to grow gardens in their soil, and
children and pets to play in their own yards.
Call in to the online meeting Monday, February 8, at 2pm, to help Treasure Island residents win this fight!